find these at Sweet and Sassy Cards

When you really do care enough to send the very best-send handmade

Thursday, February 25, 2010

I'm Bilingual

Etsy is teaching me new things every day. I received a convo from a fellow Etsian, RevivalVintageDesign on Tuesday evening, asking me to change the "Mom" on my purple flower bouquet mother's day card to "Mum". In England they celebrate Mothering Day in March and they call their mother's Mum. Please find Revival at http://www.revivalvintagedesigns.etsy.com/.

It's funny, I remember my mother calling my grandmother Mum, and I remember thinking that was her name when I was really young and then I thought it was just some family thing. See I'm learning to speak English, and not just American.

The weatherman here is promising a snow storm starting later today. Hmmm, I'm not sure if we can believe him or not, but if he's right, snow day tomorrow? Keep your fingers crossed!

4 comments: